What are cookies?
What cookies are used by the Platform?
There are different types of cookies and are generally classified based on their time of installation (temporary or session cookies, and persistent cookies) and their belonging (author or first-party cookies, and third-party cookies).
- The Platform uses Google Analytics services to collect the following cookies from the Platform: First-party cookies – cookies that come from the Platform’s website. They store information that can be reused the next time a user visits a website.
- Third-party cookies originate from advertisements located on other websites visited by the user.
- Temporary session cookies – cookies deleted by your computer after you close your browser. Temporary cookies are used to provide the user with a more convenient browser experience.
- Persistent Cookies – cookies that are stored on a user’s computer even after the browser is closed and are accessible to and used by the owners of specific cookies.
How can I block and delete cookies?
The user can block or delete cookies stored or withdraw his / her consent to save cookies on their computer or device. Depending on the browser, there are some tips on how to configure common browsers for cookies and security settings:
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/enUS/kb/Clear%20Recent%20History
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042